- To develop the scientific and educational programming for AASLD's The Liver Meeting® and AASLD's portion of Digestive Disease Week® (DDW).
The Committee will:
- Annually review and make recommendations concerning the Annual Meeting and DDW abstract form with input from the Program Evaluation Committee, Clinical Research Committee, Basic Research Committee, Education Committee, Surgery and Liver Transplantation Committee, and Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Annually evaluate the abstract review process for both The Liver Meeting® and DDW, and make recommendations for improvement.
Appointment, Size, Term, Composition
- The committee includes the President, President-Elect, Senior Councilor, Secretary, and Chairs of the Basic Research, Clinical Research, Program Evaluation, Education, and Surgery and Liver Transplantation Committees. The President may appoint additional committee members to reflect the diversity of submitted abstracts. The terms are the same as the member's Governing Board term or committee appointment. Additional appointments are made on a one-time basis.
Governing Board Liaison
- The Secretary will be the Board liaison for the purpose of sharing information between committee members, the Governing Board, and staff.
- The committee reports to the Governing Board.
- The Liver Meeting® abstracts are reviewed the second week in July (Friday and Saturday).
- DDW Meeting abstracts are reviewed in February (dates determined annually by DDW council).
Work Outside of Meetings
- Review scored abstracts and provide preliminary abstract sessions prior to the Scientific Program meetings (approximately 8-10 hours per meeting).
- Participate in conference calls as appropriate. President coordinates and assigns review responsibilities to team leaders.
- Individual committee member expenses are reimbursed in accordance with Association policy.
Relates to Goal
- Goal 1.1 Provide in-person and online education
- Goal 4.4 Continually assess and improve AASLD products, processes, and infrastructure (Continuous Quality Improvement).