Responsible for reviewing submitted applications for AASLD Foundation Research Awards and Fellowships; reviewing/updating documents for the following year; selecting award/fellowship recipients for the following awards/fellowships:
- Pinnacle Research Award in Liver Diseases
- Clinical and Translational Research Awards
- Advanced/Transplant Hepatology Fellowship
- Career Development Award in Liver Transplantation
- AASLD/LIFER Clinical and Translational Research Fellowship
The Committee will:
- Review and score submitted award/fellowship applications
- Discuss and select award/fellowship recipients
- Review interim progress reports
- Be available for committee conference calls when necessary
- Be available for an in-person committee meeting during the Annual Meeting
- Coordinate all meeting logistics through AASLD Foundation staff.
- Work within the budget and policies set forth by the Governing Board.
The Research Awards Committee Chair will:
- Direct the committee meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare written reports for the AASLD Foundation Board and/or AASLD Governing Board.
- Make policy recommendations to the AASLD Foundation Board.
Qualifications and Responsibilities of Members
- Support the mission of the AASLD Foundation.
- Serve as an advocate for the AASLD Foundation in public settings.
- Commit time to participate in committee conference calls, meetings, and events.
- Be personally engaged in activities and programs.
- Make a campaign gift commensurate with ability.
Size, Term, and Composition
- 30-35 members who will each serve one (1) three-year term.
- Committee members will be selected by the AASLD President-Elect, with the advice and consent of the AASLD Foundation Board.
- The committee reports to the AASLD Foundation Board. Written reports are submitted for each Foundation Board Meeting.
- The committee will meet via conference call or in-person at least once per quarter.
Work Outside of Meetings
- Individual committee member expenses are reimbursed in accordance with Association policy.
Relates to Goal
- 2.2. Formalize fundraising strategy to assure ongoing support of research awards program.