- Support and supplement the fundraising efforts of the AASLD Foundation. Assist the AASLD Foundation with securing financial support for AASLD programs and awards. Introduce the AASLD Foundation to new prospects.
The Committee will:
- Implement the fundraising strategies and plans of the AASLD Foundation.
- Support the AASLD Foundation leadership and staff in fundraising activity.
- Review and present potential donor prospects (individual, corporate, foundation) to the AASLD Development staff.
- Participate in fundraising activities including identification, cultivation, requesting support, and stewardship.
- Work within the budget and policies set forth by the AASLD Foundation Board.
The Development Committee Chair will:
- Direct the Development Committee.
- Prepare written reports for the AASLD Foundation Board.
- Make policy recommendations to the AASLD Foundation Board.
Qualifications and Responsibilities of Members
- Support the mission of the AASLD Foundation.
- Serve as an advocate for the AASLD Foundation in public settings.
- Commit time to participate in Committee conference calls, meetings, and events.
- Be personally engaged in activities and programs.
- Assist in the recruitment of Development Committee members, where appropriate.
- Make a personal gift of $1,000 annually.
- Make a campaign gift commensurate with ability.
Size, Term, and Composition
- Six (6) members who will each serve one (1) three-year term.
- Committee members will be selected by the AASLD President-Elect, with the advice and consent of the Governing Board. Special ad-hoc members may be assigned with approval of the AASLD President.
- The committee reports to the AASLD Foundation Board. Written reports are submitted for each Foundation Board Meeting.
- The committee will meet via conference call or in-person at least once per quarter.
Work outside of meetings
- Individual committee member expenses are reimbursed in accordance with Association policy.
Relates to Goal
- 2.2. Formalize fundraising strategy to assure ongoing support of research awards program.