The 2019 EASL-AASLD Masterclass provides a unique educational collaboration of clinical scientists from leading academic medical institutions from both sides of the Atlantic. Participants will attend a two-day intensive training session in Amsterdam, Netherlands designed for future leaders in academic hepatology. The program will consist of academic lectures, interactive break-out sessions, abstract presentations, a poster session, and social events to give early-stage investigators (MD, PhD, or MD/PhD, or equivalent) the opportunity to network with world leaders in hepatology.
AASLD/EASL will provide complimentary registration, travel and accommodation expenses for up to 10 early career investigators who are AASLD members.
The application period is May 1 – June 17, 2019. Download the application. [PDF]
This year’s program is hosted by EASL. To learn more, visit the Masterclass website.
- Jorge Bezzera, MD, FAASLD — AASLD
- Pierre-Emmanuel Rautou, MD — EASL
- Raymond Chung, MD, FAASLD — AASLD
- Ulrich Beuers, MD — EASL
AASLD Masterclass Application Process
- Must meet all eligibility criteria, adhere to all application instructions and submit by 11:59 pm ET, June 17, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Selection notifications for this opportunity will be sent no later than August 15, 2019.
- For EASL members looking to apply to the 2019 Masterclass, visit the Masterclass website. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must fulfill all of the following criteria.
- Reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico and be a full member in good standing of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) at the time of submission of the application and maintain their membership through the event.
- Be a Junior Faculty member (First Year Instructor - Assistant Professor or equivalent) within the first 5 years of their first faculty appointment at a medical or research institution within North America (U.S., Canada or Mexico) at the time of application.
- Be an investigator with a highly promising record demonstrated by one of the following:
- Received awards during training e.g. ALF Post-doctoral fellow award, ALF Liver Scholar Award, and/or Advanced Hepatology Fellowship Award and/or
- Received a major independent or mentored external research grant award from a federal agency (e.g., NIH, AHRQ, CDC, PCORI, VA, NSF, CIHR, or equivalent) or Foundation (e.g., AASLD, AGA, ACG, ALF), including K01, K08, K23, KL2, K12, K99/R00, R21, or equivalent awards and/or
- Received investigator-initiated support from industry4.The applicant must be committed to and demonstrate success
- Be committed to and demonstrate success as an early career investigator focused on basic, translational or clinical science.
- Be able to travel to and attend the 2019 Masterclass, to be held December 5-7, 2019 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Submit an abstract for presentation at the Masterclass. The abstract may be previously published and if selected for Masterclass the applicant may be asked to present as a poster or in an oral session.
- Previous Masterclass attendees (Masterclass alumni) cannot attend again. Previous applicants that were not selected to attend a Masterclass are welcome to apply if they still meet the eligibility criteria